Monday, November 10, 2014

Purpose of this Blog

Well,
I haven't a clue how to do a blog, I imagine this particular post should be in the "about me" section, but since I haven't found how I am supposed to update the "about me" section I'll write this here.

I'm a big fan of Glenn Beck.  However, one of the problems I have had is finding the books he has recommended on his show.  A couple of months after watching an episode I'll see something on the news, or something will trigger a thought and I'll suddenly want very badly to read a book that Glenn was talking about on his show two or three months past.  So how does one try to find a book that Glenn has talked about?

The first step starts with looking on "The Blaze" website for the book.  This usually ends in frustration as their 'Book' section is poorly designed.  It is nearly impossible to actually find anything because their index is by article, or by the latest group of books that they are advertising.  If you want to actually find something besides the last five books they have decided to advertise on the site it is pretty much impossible.

The next step includes the laborious task of finding the episode where Glenn discussed the book, watching it again, and then using that information to find the book on Amazon.  The method has actually proven more fruitful then checking "The Blaze", but it still has only worked once or twice for me.  It relies heavily upon remembering with a high degree of accuracy the week or month that the book was discussed on his show.  If you are not lucky enough to remember the month, it takes hours and hours to find the right episode, frustration mounting with every click.

So, after multiple requests to Glenn Beck's worldwide apparatus to have a list of books I could refer to without getting the results I need, I've decided to fill the void myself.  Yup.  I am going to begin the gargantuan task of reviewing EVERY episode of the Glenn Beck program on "The Blaze TV". I'll record the title, author, brief synopsis, and method to purchase every book that has every been recommended on the the program.

If you would like to help with me this task, please send me an email with the title of a book, episode/air date Glenn recommended it, along with the author and brief synopsis as well.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment